Another year has come and gone. I hope everyone had a great paddling season.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kelly Stirling and I was elected as Paddle Manitoba president at the 2016 AGM. I love the outdoors. And I have loved being on the water since I was a child making rafts out of old pallets and floating them on my dad’s slough in the spring. I wasn’t able to get out on overnight trips this year due to injuries, but it is something I look forward to doing with other Paddle Manitoba members next summer.
I want to take the opportunity to thank some of the people who help make Paddle Manitoba great.
Thank you to:
- Chris, for your hard work as president, and now as secretary. I hope I can be at least half the president you were.
- Sharon, for your valuable efforts as our long-time treasurer.
- Paul, for updating the Paddle Manitoba website.
- Yvonne, for all your years as the Ripple editor. You will be missed.
- Charles, for Wednesday night paddles, for your contributions to canoe school, and for sharing your knowledge at the rescue clinic and trip-leader workshops.
- All of the board members for your time and commitment.
I wish you all a safe and happy winter. I will see you on the water in the spring.