As you've seen in our AGM article, the makeup of the Paddle Manitoba Board has changed this past year.
The new board has been working hard on a number of initiatives - with much more planned for next year. Some highlights include:
- A website redesign and more social media integration.
- We have a Big Canoe. It still needs quite a bit of work before it's lake-and-river worthy, but we hope to have it on the water next season.
- We are researching how we can offer some kind of tripping program again. We hope to be able to announce changes to our tripping policy sometime next year.
- As some of you will have seen via social media, we have made a contribution to Paddle Canada to assist with technology improvements to their web presence - improvements which will benefit many of our members in the long run.
- We're introducing a buyers' club of freeze-dried ingredients to make it easier to buy specific ingredients for your backcountry meals.
Hashtags have become all the rage, these days. We're a little bit behind the times, but we're working to establish #paddlemb as our preferred tag on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
We'd like to encourage everyone, when using social media, to share photos and tid-bits about your travels with the hashtag #paddlemb. In this way, we can work to aggregate our activities together, and show the broader paddling community what fun they can get up to!